Review:

November 9 by Colleen Hoover



Format (That I Read It):

Ebook

Summary:

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.


Initial Thoughts:

I remember being so excited when I heard this book was coming out. I've only read one Colleen Hoover book and that was Ugly Love. I was most excited and only knew it was about two people meeting on the same day every year. One of them is writing a book.

Review:


I didn't expect the twists at the end. I forgot how dark the undertones of Colleen's novels can get. The first thing I really liked about the story was how self-aware and self-deprecating Colleen was about writing. Every talk in the story about instalove I found hilarious. I loved the characters and related to them. Surprisingly, I found that the jumping of time didn't get info-dumpy. I thought for sure that we would have all these things to catch up on but it was done so flawlessly. I could not get over how much I got caught up in the characters and their lives. Another thing that I could not believe was that Miles and Tat showed up. When Ian showed up I had to stop and look up to make sure it was actually him from Ugly Love. It was cool to see the little continuation of their (Tate and Miles) story. I liked how we got to see some of Ben's story unlike Ugly Love made me wholeheartedly fall in love with Colleen Hoover's writing. I want to read all her books starting with It Ends With Us which I know will break me but I look forward to getting to it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog