Review:

Outcast Vol. 1: A Darkness Surrounds Him (Outcast #1-6) by Robert Kirkman



Format (That I Read It):

Comics

Summary:

Kyle Barnes has been plagued by demonic possession all his life and now he needs answers. Unfortunately, what he uncovers along the way could bring about the end of life on Earth as we know it.

Initial Thoughts:

I have been watching the TV show and now that the season finale is coming up I decided that I wanted to read the comics because I'm dying to know what is going to happen!

Review:

★★★
This volume was good. It was almost exactly like the show which I found really nice. Nothing really happened in this volume it was more of a build up of the world and the characters. I really was surprised by the art style. It was different from others I've read. I loved the boxes that were in between some of the sections like this:


Also, just the art style is something I enjoyed. I'm glad they didn't do the same art style from the Walking Dead comics. They are two different entities. The characters in this are very much like the show and I'm really pleased to see that because when I read the Walking Dead comics my favorites from the shows were so different in the comics. I love Kyle. He just- I just feel so bad for him.  I'm really looking forward to how the story will play out and hopefully I can catch up before I get to the season one finale. I find it really cool that I can read and watch the show at the same time. I don't know if I've ever done that before. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog