Reader Problems Tag (Source)

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?



I choose what I read next based off two things: priority and feelings. I get ARCs from Netgalley and so if I have an ARC I'll try and read those first because I like to try to read them before they come out. Then if I don't have any or I've already finished the ARCs I'll read whatever I'm in the mood for. 

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?



I try to push through a book I'm not feeling. I don't like to not finish a book I've started so even if I really am not enjoying it. Then if I don't like after me trying to push through then I will put it back on my TBR shelf. 

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?



Well, I haven't had this problem because I have set my goals realistically but if I was in a situation where I behind on my goal I wouldn't stress first of all. It's just a reading goal that I made myself so there is no need to freak out but I would try my best. I would read as many books as I could. Maybe I could read some shorter books or easier books. Maybe I could participant in a read-a-thon.

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?



I used to be really serious about making everything match and getting all the same covers but I don't really mind now. I don't see it being that big of a deal but there is one book that angers me so much because it doesn't match my series and that is Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead. I read all of the first five books in the series and thought it was the end. Then when I found out that there was another book I had to get it. The problem with that was the Barnes and Noble by my house (the only one for miles) was out and I could only order the new covers and in paperback too. I'm still upset.

5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?



I have a best friend that I talk about everything with, especially books. I complain and rant to her about all things even if she hasn't read it because she lets me. She doesn't care if I spoil her and I love that. I complain a lot about my shows to her and she can rant to me all she wants. 

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?



If I'm in public and I get that feeling that I'm about to cry I usually get up and hide in the bathroom or some other space that nobody will see me. If there isn't a space where I can cry by myself I will stop reading until I get home where I can cry privately. 

7. A sequel to a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?



I have this problem quite often because I read sequels far apart but the way I get caught up is either reread the previous books (which is unlikely) or I read recaps online. If you search in Google or whatever search engine you use you will probably find some kind soul who has done a recap of the story. If not I watch a review and that jogs my memory of the story. 

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people no when they ask?



Now normally I don't let people borrow my books anymore because of the horror stories of many books lost or damaged. I do have some few people who I still let borrow my books because I trust them. If anyone asked I would say: "sorry but I don't let anyone borrow my books anymore because people have ruined them."

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?



I recently went through this problem. I watch Netflix. Then I will try audiobooks. If that doesn't work I try to read my favorite books. Then if all that doesn't work I will watch booktubers because people talking about reading gets me really excited to read. 

10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?



This is a HUGE problem for me. I can't buy all the books. I wish I could but realistically I don't have the money to do that so I will choose which book or books I want the most. 

11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?



This also is circumstantial. When I get a new book when I'm in the middle of a book so I have to finish the book I already started before I can read the new one. It might even be a few books down on my TBR depending on what's on my shelf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog