Discussion:

SPOILERS! 



Last night I finished Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and it brought up some thoughts I've been having about spoilers. I used to not really care that I got spoiled. It wasn't a big deal to me because I was so curious. I would flip to the end of the book (or chapter) to see the page number and I would let my eyes wonder the page. Then sometimes it would spoil something big that happened. Instead of getting mad it would motivate me to read just so I would see how the story got to that point. But that was years ago. 


Back then I didn't know there was a community of book lovers online who discussed and reviewed them. I had grown up and I got to a point where I would read the descriptions of books and see what people had to say but without spoilers. I didn't want to know major plot points or shocking revelations. I think this is where most people stand. 


Now I completely different. I don't really want to know the plot of any books I read. I don't read the descriptions of novels. What I do is skim the blurb to get the main aspects of the novel like the genre. I feel if I know too much about the plot it ruins the experience for me. My enjoyment goes down immensely. That is what happened to me with Throne of Glass. I feel like I would have rated it a bit higher if my expectations from spoilers wouldn't have been there. Is there anytime this has happened to you? If so, what book was it? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog