The Intimidating TBR Book Tag! (Source)


1.What book have you been unable to finish?



Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson was one of the few books that I've DNF'd. I tried to read this book several times and I couldn't seem to get through it. It just couldn't seem to hold my interest.
Maybe someday I'll finally finish it.


What book have you yet to read because...

2. ... you haven't had the time?



All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I absolutely LOVE  historical fiction and I can't wait to read this book because I've heard so many fantastic things. The problem I have is there so many other books that I've been reading and so hopefully soon I will get to this soon!

3. ... it's a sequel?



Even though I read the first two books and LOVED them (it even became some of my favorite books of all time) I have yet to read Morning Star by Pierce Brown. I pre-ordered this book and got really upset when I didn't get it on time way back in February. It's a sin I haven't read this! I feel so ashamed!

4. ... it's brand new?



Now technically this isn't a new book (actually, it came out years ago) but I just recently bought this book so I'm gonna say Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Again like I said before there are so many books not enough time. 

5. ... you read another book by the author and didn't enjoy it?



I don't really have a specific book that I can think of but I would say any book by Rick Yancey. I didn't like The Fifth Wave and one of my problems with it was the way it was written. It makes me reluctant to pick anything else up that is written by him especially in his series.

6. ... you're just not in the mood for it?



Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, I'm really just not feeling this book. I remember the first few pages of it and just not being in the mood and I'm still not. 

7. ... it's humongous?



This has to go to Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. This book is not only 1,000+ pages but the pages are bible thin and the print is tiny! This book completely terrifies me. 

8. ... because it was a cover buy but turned out to have poor reviews?



The Watchers by Jon Steele, this book I only bought because of the cover. I was in a book/record store and I was about to leave when I quickly grabbed this book. It is so beautiful! I didn't care that I didn't have any idea what it was about (still I'm quite sure what the plot is). Also, it doesn't have terrible reviews they are just average. 

9. What is the most intimidating book on your TBR?



I have to say the most intimidating book on my TBR shelf is actually a series; A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. I read the first book already this year and while it wasn't difficult to read they are really scary. They are all really lengthy. Then not is the length intimidating but there are countless upon countless characters to remember. That all being said I'm really hoping I can tackle my fears this year and read all the books,

10.Who do you tag?



Everyone! This is a great tag and makes me feel like I'm not alone in my TBR problems and worries so everyone should join in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog