Disney Princess Book Tag! (Source)

I saw that this was a tag and I got really excited I've been reading A Court of Thrones and Roses recently and so I've been in a Disney mood lately so I had to do this tag!

Disney Facts:

  1. My favorite Disney story is Beauty and the Beast! (What a surprise!)
  2. I haven't actually seen all the movies of  these princesses yet.
  3. Mulan is my most watched Disney princess movie.

Snow White - What's your favorite classic?


I don't read a ton of classics but out of all the classic books I had to read in school the one that sticks out in my mind is Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. It's a very strange book but in the context that Vonnegut wrote it makes the book so fascinating. I even wrote a whole paper on the book. I love it so much.

Cinderella - What book kept you up way past your bedtime? 


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins had me up all night! I just had to know what was going to happen next. I bought the book and started reading it one day and then stayed up late into the night just to finish it. Then the next day I went out to see the movie. It was so worth it. I got home from the movies and had to buy the rest of the series and read them all back to back.

Aurora - What's your favorite classic romance?



Again like I said previously I don't read many classics and even fewer classic romance novels but there is one that I think many people would agree is one of the top romances of all time: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth are one of the most iconic couples in all of the literature. 

Ariel - Name a book about making sacrifices and fighting for your dreams. 


I think that Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell works great for a character who made sacrifices and followed their dreams. She faced a lot of anxiety and she is introverted. She was also trying to get through her first year of college without her twin sister. Throughout all of her adversities, she pushed through to pursue her dream of becoming a writer.

Belle - Name a book with a smart, independent female character.


Arya from George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones is a fantastic character! She's smart, independent female who can kick some butt. She started out different from the rest of the girls around her, especially her sister Sansa. She is by herself a lot throughout the series and she still manages to persevere. 

Jasmine - Name a book with a character that challenged the social conventions of their world.


This definitely has to go to Darrow from The Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown. Darrow much like Katniss from the Hunger Games takes down a corrupt society. He makes a stand against all he thinks is wrong with the society and things really get insane!

Pocahontas - Name a book whose ending was a roller coaster of emotions.


There were many books that had a rollercoaster ending but Outlander by Diana Gabaldon takes the cake. This book constantly played with my emotions. The whole book was a mix of emotional thing but the ending had me ugly crying and then smiling from so much happiness. 

Mulan - Name a book with a kickass female character.


One of the most kickass female characters I've read has to go to Rose Hathaway from The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. She is one of my favorite characters. Every book she gets more and more badass. She defends her family and friends with such ease. I was to be any character she would be high on my list. She reminds me a lot of Mulan. 

Tiana - Name a book character featuring a hardworking, self-made character.


Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Katniss, even though she had help from many other characters she won the games. Not to mention she kept her won the games. Not to mention she kept her family alive for years with the animals she hunted.

Rapunzel - A book that features an artist.


A book that features an artist was hard to choose because there were a few books I could choose from but I went with The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. The main character Clary is an artist and it is actually an important part of the storyline.

Merida - Name a book that features a mother-daughter relationship. 


It was really hard to find a book that had a mother/daughter relationship but Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys has a mother/daughter relationship that is strong and really stands out. I love all the sacrifices they make for one another. It's really beautiful.

Anna & Elsa - A book with a great relationship between siblings.


The whole Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling features a lot of different family dynamics especially siblings, The whole Weasley family are very close and they bring Harry into their family. I loved reading about them and they are one of the loveliest families I've read.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spooky Challenge Wrap-Up