#TOMETOPPLE READ-A-THON

June 5th 12:00 am - June 19th 11:59 pm

Thoughts on Tomes came up with this read-a-thon. It focuses on big books. Most read-a-thons focus on reading as many books as possible. I have many big books that I want to tackle so when I heard there was going to be a read-a-thon about reading as many pages as you can I wanted in. 


WRAP UP:


This read-a-thon didn't go as planned. I knew going into it that I would be on vacation the last week of the read-a-thon so I had a plan to read majority of my books the first week. That didn't happen. I did read some but not as much as I like. I had family issues going on that had stopped my reading and once that had settled I was on vacation. Again I read as much as I could.

Challenges:


Read more than one tome (500+ pages) & Read an adult novel


For these two challenges I read Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. I started reading this book at the beginning of the month. I made quite a bit of a dent in this book. Altogether I read 317 pages. I started on page 250. I'm proud I got that far.

Read a tome that is part of a series



This is the most shameful thing. I went into this read-a-thon thinking that I could finally read Morning Star by Pierce Brown. Like everything in this read-a-thon didn't go as plan. I only read 271 pages. I have no idea why it is taking me so long to actually finish but I swear I will get to it soon. 

Read over 500 pages in one week 



Collectively I read 509 pages in one week (the first week). I only got 140 pages the next week.

Take a graphic novel break (doesn't need to be over 500 pages!)



I didn't get to actually reading any graphic novels. 

Extra

I also start A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I thought that I could finish it quickly and be able to read the sequel in the two weeks because ACOTAR is not over 500 pages but that didn't happen. I only got to page 164. :(



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spooky Challenge Wrap-Up