Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag! 

(Readlikewildfire and Ely Jayne)

I can't believe it's already July!! The years keep flying by!

1: Best book you’ve read so far in 2016. 


Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. Out of all of Cassandra Clare's novels, this book has to be my favorite and that's saying something. All the characters were fantastic. I loved every single one of them and I can't wait for the next one in the series to come out.

2: Best sequel you've read so far in 2016. 


Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry. Looking back I haven't really read many sequels or series this year. Mainly it has been stand-alone's and first books in series. This sequel was very good. I loved the first one but I actually liked the characters in this sequel better. I related more to the main characters.


3: New release you haven't read yet, but want to.





And I Darken by Kiersten White. When I heard that there was going to be a female Vlad the Impaler retelling I've been so excited to read it. I watched a podcast long before I heard about this book and someone was discussing the true story behind Vlad and I've been fascinated. I've been wanting to read a story about his story ever since. I'm super excited! 


4: Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.


Replica by Lauren Oliver. I've never read a Lauren Oliver book but just hearing the premise of this novel is getting me hyped. I just knew as soon as it came out I would have to get my hands on it. The book is dual perspective where you can read one side and then the other or you can alternate between the two. I also can't wait for this book because the synopsis reminds me of the show Orphan Black and I freaking love that show!

5: Biggest disappointment.


Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. I already talked about this recently because I just finished it but I went into this novel thinking I would love it as much or close to as much as I love Outlander. That wasn't the case. I had issues with the plot and it really was just a disappointment. 

6: Biggest surprise.


Sons of Anarchy Volume 1 by Christopher Golden. Ever since Sons of Anarchy finished I had been looking for something to fill the void so of course, I decided to start reading the comics. Since they are written by different people I wasn't expecting it to be so much like the show. It was incredible. I need to keep on reading them.

7: Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)


Ruta Sepetys. I only read one of Ruta's books (Between Shades of Gray) but I absolutely loved it. It is one of my Top 5 favorites so far this year. It was beautiful and tragic but also a harrowing journey. Lina was a close second for favorite character.

8: Newest fictional crush.



Rhysand for A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. I have only read A Court of Thorns and Roses so no spoilers but as soon as Rhysand was introduced I loved his character. I'm insanely eager to see what happens in A Court of Mist and Fury. I'm currently reading it. 

9: Newest favorite character.



Lou from Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. I loved Lou. She was quirky and super relatable. She is just a normal girl who is bubbly and sweet. Then over the course of the novel you really see her grow and come out of her shell. 

10: Book that made you cry.


A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. Oh God yes. This book, going into it, I didn't know what the story was about except for the basic info. At the end of the novel, I was crying. It was an unexpected moving story and I can't wait to see how the book is translated into a movie. 

11: Book that made you happy.


Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling. Last year I started re-reading the Harry Potter books, I love them and all of them bring me a lot of joy. I only have re-read the first two books and I need to continue because book 3 is my favorite. 

12: Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. This book is so freaking stunning! I love how all the covers match and go together. I've seen the old cover of Shatter Me and I'm glad that it was changed. The eyes are gorgeous! I love eyes. I always have. They're my favorite thing to draw. 

13: What books do you need to read by the end of the year?


Morning Star by Pierce Brown. I swear I will finish this book because I need to stop talking about it in tags! I keep picking it up, getting farther and then I will get distracted by other books. I AM going to finish this book by the end of the year, maybe the end of the month. 

14: Favourite Book Community Member


I did a favorite Youtuber/Booktuber list two days ago so if you want to know who my favorites are, look here: Panda Recommendations

Comments

Popular posts from this blog