#BookTube-A-Thon Wrap Up

July 18th (12:00 am) - July 24th (11:59 pm)


Booktube-a-thon is hosted by Ariel Bissett. It's a readathon to celebrate Booktube. There will be reading sprints and videos challenges and all around a great time. I'm really excited for this one! It should be a lot of fun! I have an ambitious TBR but I'm looking forward to trying my best. 


TBR Challenges:

Read a book with yellow on the cover. Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth, Morning Star

Read a book only after sunset. Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth

Read a book you discovered through Booktube. Shatter Me

Read a book by one of your favorite authors. Morning Star

Read a book that is older than you. Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation. V for Vendetta Comics

Read seven books. Didn't happen.


DAY ONE:

I finished this book the first day of Booktubeathon. I got it as an e-arc from Netgalley. It doesn't really fit into any category except it fits into the "book you discovered through Booktube" since I found Netgalley through Booktube. It was a very good book and if you want a full review I have one here: The Butterfly Garden Review

DAY TWO/THREE:


Day two and three of Booktubeathon found me reading Shatter Me during the day and Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth after sunset.  My intention going into the readathon wasn't to read Percy Jackson but I needed something to read and so I decided it would be easiest to read a Rick Riordan book because they are always quick and fun reads. For some reason though reading it those two nights of the readathon wasn't working out. I tried really hard but I only got to page 66 before I had to put it down. I didn't it to end up not enjoying it because I pushed myself through it so I moved on. 


Spoilers

DAY FOUR:

Day four was a great day! I finished Shatter Me. I gave it four out of five stars which is funny considering I finished it on the fourth day (okay it's not really that funny). Anyways, the reason I give it four stars and not five is because it wasn't the most diverse dystopian novel. I really loved it still hence the four stars. One thing about this book is many, many people ship Warner and Juliette but I don't see it. Maybe I will understand it later on in the series but I don't get it. My favorite thing was the ending and how Juliette met all the others with different powers and I can't wait to see how the rest of the series pans out. 

DAY FIVE:

The next day I moved on to read to finally finish Morning Star by Piece Brown. It feels like every readathon that has been happening the past few months I've been trying to finish this freaking book. So this readathon was different I had to finish it. I was going to push myself and no matter what I was determined to get it down. Then like with Percy Jackson I randomly picked up Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I really loved it from the beginning even though I only got so far. 

DAY SIX:

The next day was much of the same with reading Cinder (which I didn't finish during the readathon) and Morning Star. I also needed to read a book after sunset so I decided I would read my book to movie adaptation during the night since it's a comic book and it would go quickly. I gave V for Vendetta 4 out of 5 stars, I really liked the story but I didn't really like the art style. 

DAY SEVEN: 

The last day of the readathon and I FINALLY finished Morning Star and I am so happy I did it. I loved every second of it. I have so many thoughts on this story so I will upload a full review sometime this week. Then after finishing the book I didn't really feel like reading anything so I instead watched my book to movie adaptation: V for Vendetta. It was a really good movie. I really enjoyed it even though it had very different aspects than the comic book. My favorite thing was the ending. The end wasn't in the comics but the visual was stunning. 

Overall Booktubeathon was the most fun I've had during a readathon in a while. It's really pushed me to read a whole lot more and I can't wait for next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog