Review:

Morning Star by Pierce Brown


Format (That I Read It):

Book

Summary:

Darrow would have lived in peace, but his enemies brought him war. The Gold overlords demanded his obedience, hanged his wife, and enslaved his people. But Darrow is determined to fight back. Risking everything to transform himself and breach Gold society, Darrow has battled to survive the cutthroat rivalries that breed Society’s mightiest warriors, climbed the ranks, and waited patiently to unleash the revolution that will tear the hierarchy apart from within.

Finally, the time has come.

But devotion to honor and hunger for vengeance run deep on both sides. Darrow and his comrades-in-arms face powerful enemies without scruple or mercy. Among them are some Darrow once considered friends. To win, Darrow will need to inspire those shackled in darkness to break their chains, unmake the world their cruel masters have built, and claim a destiny too long denied—and too glorious to surrender.


Initial Thoughts:

I LOVED the first two novels. So, of course, I had to pre-order this book. I got it a few days after I was supposed to (February). Then when I got it in my hands I was in a weird reading slump now I finally got to it.

Spoilers

Review:


I had so many feelings reading this book. I cried, I laughed, and I was shocked and angry. Most of those feelings all in the last like two hundred pages. I've talked about how many times I've started and stopped this book but now I've finished it! It was SO worth it! I think it is actually my favorite out the whole trilogy. It had so many elements that I love. One of my favorite things is the Howlers before battle how they joked around and how it was light and easy considering the situation/mood. It couldn't believe the audacity of Pierce Brown in this book, though. How dare he kill off not only Ragnar but Sevro?! I cried when Ragnar died. But when I read the whole situation with Cassius turning on Sevro/Mustang/Darrow I was so absolutely pissed!! Words couldn't even describe how angry I was!  I'm beyond happy that Sevro was just playing a trick and he didn't actually die. Then the end, oh god. the end! The last scene when Darrow me his son (and his name being Pax) my face literally turned into the heart eyes emoji. I'm stoked to see what Pierce Brown comes up with for more installations of books in this same universe. I can't wait! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog