Review:

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon



Format (That I Read It):

Book/Audiobook

Summary:

From the author of Outlander... a magnificent epic that once again sweeps us back in time to the drama and passion of 18th-century Scotland...

For twenty years Claire Randall has kept her secrets. But now she is returning with her grown daughter to Scotland's majestic mist-shrouded hills. Here Claire plans to reveal a truth as stunning as the events that gave it birth: about the mystery of an ancient circle of standing stones ...about a love that transcends the boundaries of time ...and about James Fraser, a Scottish warrior whose gallantry once drew a young Claire from the security of her century to the dangers of his ....

Now a legacy of blood and desire will test her beautiful copper-haired daughter, Brianna, as Claire's spellbinding journey of self-discovery continues in the intrigue-ridden Paris court of Charles Stuart ...in a race to thwart a doomed Highlands uprising ...and in a desperate fight to save both the child and the man she loves....


Initial Thoughts:

The reason I decided to start reading Dragonfly in Amber was because Season 2 of the show was on and I had to read it before I watched it. The second reason was because I using it to replace the first book in the Song of Ice and Fire series for the Game of Thrones readathon I'm participating in.

Review:


Ever since I finished Outlander I've heard people talk about how much Dragonfly in Amber broke their heart and made them cry. So, going into it, I was bracing myself for the same (if not worse) heartbreak that I experienced in Outlander. I didn't get that. While there were moments where sad things happened it didn't affect me. I was really disappointed in this book actually. Other than those sad scenes nothing happened. It dragged on for me and I felt like I was reading at a snail's pace, unlike Outlander where I flew through it. I also had some issues with the plot. Some of the "shocking"moments lost their shock value because it was already done in Outlander. Another thing about this book was Jaime/Claire, their whole will they/ won't they get back to each other again didn't affect me because I knew that they would. It just really disheartened me. I love Outlander so bad and I wanted Dragonfly in Amber to be the same. I don't think I'm going to read the next book until the new season is about to come one. I hope it turns out better. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spooky Challenge Wrap-Up