Review:

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover


Format (That I Read It):

Book

Summary:

Lily hasn't always had it easy, but that's never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She's come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up - she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily's life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, and maybe even a little arrogant. He's also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily, but Ryle's complete aversion to relationships is disturbing.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan - her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.


Initial Thoughts:

I really wanted to read another Colleen Hoover novel after November 9 and I choose It Ends With Us because it's her most recent novel. Everyone has been hyping it up and it's also her highest rated novel on Goodreads thus far.

Review:


It Ends With Us is Colleen Hoover's most powerful novel in my opinion. I have to say right off the bat there is a trigger warning for domestic abuse so if you are sensitive to this issue proceed with caution. There were moments I had to put down the book and walk away because it hit so close to home. That being said Lily is a character I've never related more. I know I've said that a lot but it really is true. For the majority of the novel (not including the parts where I had to put it down) I forgot that this story was fictional. It was so raw and real. It totally captivated me. I hated having to put it down to actually function in the real world (adulting). As someone who grew up in a situation very similar to Lily's  I really appreciate Colleen Hoover for writing a novel on this subject. It's really important to have these situations portrayed in literature. It's good to read books about what really goes on in other people's lives that way you can sympathize and understand what people go through and how that affects their lives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog