Review: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon Format (That I Read It): Book Summary: Madeline Whittier is allergic to the outside world. So allergic, in fact, that she has never left the house in all of her seventeen years. But when Olly moves in next door and wants to talk to Maddie, tiny holes start to appear in the protective bubble her mother has built around her. Olly writes his IM address on a piece of paper, shows it at her window, and suddenly, a door opens. But does Maddie dare to step outside her comfort zone? Initial Thoughts: To be completely honest with you I wasn't really interested in reading this book. I knew that I would probably get to it eventually because I want to watch the movie but I also knew the longer I would wait I would eventually be spoiled. But that still didn't force it any higher on my TBR shelf. Then while in a reading slump I was randomly looking at the books at work, saw Everything, Everything and de...
Popular posts from this blog
Discussion: All Our Tragic Loss Yesterday when I woke up I saw that Orlando was trending and I hoped beyond hope that it would be something good but I was tragically mistaken. Reading the headlines of the worst mass shooting in U.S. history struck me. I had planned to post an art project today that I've been working on but it doesn't seem right to. My regular posting will resume Wednesday but for now, I just want to discuss these tragic few days. Friday I had some family issues and I was having a really tough day and then I saw this: #PrayforChristina. I was very confused so I looked it up and was utterly shocked to see that Christina Grimmie (YouTuber and Voice contestant) was shot while signing autographs for fans. My heart hurt and I hoped and prayed for her to be okay. Then sadly the next day it was released publicly that she had passed away. I couldn't believe it. One, she was only 22 years old. She was only two years older than me. Two was that I...
The Sad Truth I'm taking myself away from blogging for a while. For a long time, especially in the past month, I've lost all my motivation for reading. I can't seem to pick up and finish a novel. This whole year has been terrible for me. I've had to force myself to read and while I have had small bursts of great reading time I can't seem to shake this pressured feeling to have to read. It's not fun. I don't want to keep up this charade. So I regret to inform that I'm taking a step back from this blog. I want to find my spark (no matter how cliche). I want to find the reason I started this blog. I barely post on here as it is and I think that's part of the problem. It's a never-ending cycle of feeling guilty that I haven't posted so I force myself to read/post and then that in turn makes me not want to post/read less. I may post once in a while on my Twitter and Instagram so follow me there if you want updates. I don't know when I...

Comments
Post a Comment