Review:

The Walking Dead Vol. 04: The Heart's Desire (The Walking Dead #19-24)

by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator)





Format (That I Read It): 

Comics

Summary:

Life in the prison starts to get interesting for Rick Grimes and the rest of our survivors. Relationships heat up, fizzle out, and change entirely almost overnight. By the end of this volume, relationships between key characters are radically changed, setting the stage for future events in The Walking Dead.

Initial Thoughts:

With the Mid-Season Finale just around the corner I knew I needed to hurry and catch up to the where the series is in the comics. At the end of this season (Season 6), a major evil villain from the comics is being added to the cast and before that happens I want to know this man is that everyone is talking about. 


!!SPOILERS BELOW!!


Review: 

I gave this volume an overall rating of 3 stars. At the start of this volume, I was excited because Michonne finally showed up. She was kicking butt as she got to the prison, but that intimidating nature quickly turned to disappointment. This volume turned into a soap opera with the classic nature of who was sleeping with who. Now normally I would be all for a little romance drama but that's not what I like about the Walking Dead. I don't care if Tyreese is with Carol or Michonne what I want it know is how they are going to survive. I want to see them go out on runs and get more food. I want the group to prepare for the baby that Lori is going to have. It was smart of the group to elect a consul after Rick and Tyreese had their blowout. For the group to be successful they need to band together and having one person in charge is not the way to go. That could cause a lot of friction, which is what happened. I enjoyed the end of Issue #24 when Rick gave one of his classic speeches to the group and he said the famous line: “We are the walking dead.” I hope in the next volume there is more of a balance of the couples together and the group trying to survive. Rather than all the drama. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog