Review:

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan



Format (That I Read It):

Book


Summary:

Magnus Chase has always been a troubled kid. Since his mother’s mysterious death, he’s lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, keeping one step ahead of the police and the truant officers.

One day, he’s tracked down by a man he’s never met—a man his mother claimed was dangerous. The man tells him an impossible secret: Magnus is the son of a Norse god.


The Viking myths are true. The gods of Asgard are preparing for war. Trolls, giants, and worse monsters are stirring for doomsday. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years.When an attack by fire giants forces him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents, Magnus makes a fatal decision.Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die . . .


Initial Thoughts:

Four words I can use to describe the reason I chose to read this book: Rick Riordan and Norse Mythology. Those words were the only thing I needed to hear to be sold on this book series. Norse Mythology is my favorite. I studied about the Gods and worlds in high school.

Review: ★.5

Rick Riordan writes all his books with the same feel. They all have similar elements, but all the books also seem to find something new. They all have their own flare. This book was everything that Rick Riordan does best. Riordan manages to always write such a fantastic group of friends. It always feels like you could be friends with them too. In fact with the written it feels like you are friends with them. The cast of characters in this book were all hilarious. Whether it was Magnus making some snarky comment, or Thor talking about his TV show theories, everyone at one point or another caused a chuckle. That was another thing, the gods were not what I expected. I was with Magnus on the fact that the Gods were different than I expected. Their personalities were similar to what I thought they would be, but their appearances were very different. It was quite refreshing. This book has to be my favorite out of Riordan’s books so far. While I wait for the next book I have to finish the rest of his series.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog