Curse Of The Bane Review

Review:

Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice Series Book 2) by Joesph Delaney




Format (That I Read It): 

Physical Book

Summary:

Now it's the dark's turn to be afraid

The Spook and his apprentice, Thomas Ward, deal with the dark. Together they rid the county of witches, ghosts, and boggarts. But now there's some unfinished business to attend to in Priestown. Deep in the catacombs of the cathedral lurks a creature the Spook has never been able to defeat; a force so evil that the whole county is in danger of being corrupted by its powers. The Bane!

As Thomas and the Spook prepare for the battle of their lives, it becomes clear that the Bane isn't their only enemy. The Quisitor has arrived, searching for those who meddle with the dark so he can imprison them--or worse.

Can Thomas defeat the Bane on his own? Is his friend Alice guilty of witchcraft? And will the Spook be able to escape the Quisitor's clutches?

Initial Thoughts:

I had read the first book back in January/February. I really enjoyed The Revenge of the Witch and then I bought the next two books. I think October is the perfect time to read this spooky series.

Review:



I loved reading about another one of Tom's adventures. What I think is so appealing to me about this series is the fast-paced adventure mixed in with the supernatural. These books are spooky considering it's a middle-grade series. That being said it was the perfect choice for the month of October and my Spooky Challenge. The main character Tom Ward is a relatable moral voice. He always wants to do the right thing. He is especially loyal to his friends even when they happen to have pointy shoes and should not be trusted. Something that I thought was pretty cool about the book was that they actually had pages from Tom's journal at the back of the book. It adds a more intimate aspect that lets the reader be more engaged with the story and Tom. I'm for sure going to read the next book in the series.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog