The Walking Dead Vol. 03 Review

Review:

The Walking Dead Vol. 03: Safety Behind Bars (The Walking Dead #13-18)

by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard (Illustrator)





Format (That I Read It): 

Comics

Summary:

An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: there is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally begin living. This volume follows our band of survivors as they set up a permanent camp inside a prison. Relationships change, characters die, and our team of survivors learn there's something far more deadly than zombies out there: each other.

Initial Thoughts:

I love the Tv Show of The Walking Dead. I always here people talk about the comics and how good they are so back in July I read the first 12 issues and enjoyed them well enough to continue on. As the show gets more intense I feel the need to know what happens in the comic series. I like to be in on the references that the show makes. 


Review: 

I gave the volume an average of 4 stars. Some of the comics were better than others. Similarly to the first 12 issues there was setting and character building that made some slow parts. The other parts of the story were very fast paced and exciting. Issues #13-#18 were a lot more action packed. Many more deaths and brutality occurred. Since I've seen the show it was a bit harder for me to accept what was transpiring with characters, mainly character relationships. We also don't get to see Daryl in the comics which disappoints me since he is one of my favorite characters. There were characters that never existed in the Tv Show that I had to remember. It was nice to compare the show and comics. They seem to split from one another a lot, but they always come back to the heart of the story. I'm am already reading the next volume and should have a review soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog