Review/Rereading:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling


Format (That I Read It):

Book

Summary:

Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who are mean to him and make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs. (Dudley, however, has two bedrooms, one to sleep in and one for all his toys and games.) Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed forever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard! The first book in the "Harry Potter" series makes the perfect introduction to the world of Hogwarts.


Initial Thoughts:

I have never re-read Harry Potter, EVER. I have great childhood moments with this series. For the past few months, I've been wanting to get back into the series, but it had never been the right moment. That was until I woke up a December morning to a surprising blanket of white snow on the floor. I went outside for a while but when I came in I knew it was the perfect time to read some Harry Potter.  


Review:


Like many people in the world I read Harry Potter as a kid. I remember reading it with my friend, listening to her read it out loud to me. That being said I loved reading the first book again. This book is five stars all around. It will always be a favorite, it will forever be a classic. It has been such a long time since I've read this book that it was almost like reading the book for the first time. I remember everything that happened but there was those little moments, the little details that I forgot about that made me remember why this is such a fantastic series. J.K. Rowling knows exactly how to capture the reading and keep them turning page after page. All around it was a nostalgic. I can't praise this book enough. It holds so many great memories for me and so many people. It's strange to me that I've re-watched the movies so many times, but I have never once re-read the books. I am one hundred percent going to be continuing on reading the series all over again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog