Review:

The Walking Dead, Vol. 05: The Best Defense (The Walking Dead #25-30)

by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator)


Format (That I Read It):

Comics


Summary:

As the survivors settle into their prison home something has drawn them out into the open... out of the prison... out of their sanctuary. This is a major turning point for the overall story of The Walking Dead, setting the stage for years to come.

Initial Thoughts:

The reason I read this is still the same as it has been but I choose to read it now was because I wasn't feeling the books I was reading. I could feel a reading slump coming on so I decided what better way to prevent that than reading something quick and easy like a comic book.

↓ Spoilers ↓

Review:

★★★★
The last volume wasn’t the best. It was a slow read. This volume, on the other hand, was a fantastic installment. I gave this book four stars. The series picked up the pace really quickly with the introduction of the first main villain, the Governer. In the last volume, I was quite annoyed with the females in the story. All they served a purpose for was love triangles. I was glad that somewhat changed in this addition. Michonne went back to being the badass I know and love, Now there were two people I didn't approve of. One was obviously the Governer, but the other was Carol. Carol was just strange. I don't know if it's just her losing her head, but she wanted to marry both Lori and Rick and have their families together. I really hope next volume she gets more developed as a strong independent person. Now back to the Governer. My first thought was that he was, even more, insane than he is on the Tv show, He still had the fighting ring with the walkers, but I wasn't expecting the extreme measures he used to get information. The first thing he did when he captured Rick, Michonne and Glen was cut off Rick's hand! Then he did unspeakable things to Michonne! I was livid! As if that wasn't bad enough, he goes to his house where his zombie daughter is. He feeds her the people that he captured previously and tries to sleep in his trophy room. It has all his victims heads lined up in fish tanks! The whole volume was crazy once he was introduced. I hope the next one stays just as insane. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog