#Cramathon 2015 (December 19th-December 22nd)


Cramathon was hosted by Whittynovels on Youtube. It was created to read as many books as possible to finish your Goodreads challenge for the year. I wasn't originally going to participate being I would be very busy the first day that the Cramathon took place. I also didn't really need the help with my reading challenge. I only had three books left to read to meet my goal for the year, but I decided I wasn't going to give up an opportunity to get some of the books on my TBR (To Be Read) read. 

Challenges:

  • Read an audiobook or ebook
  • Read a bind up
  • Finish a series/read the last book of a series
  • Read a book under 200 pages
  • Finish a book you DNF’ed
  • Read a graphic novel series (or as many graphic novels as you can)
  • Read 5 books total


Day 1: 

I didn't read anything the first day. I was too busy.

Day 2: 

  • Read a book under 200 pages: 


The Twits by Roald Dahl: ★★★★

I love Roald Dahl. I think he writes such fantastic child literature. They are always quirky stories that have messages that end up sticking with you for a long time. The Twits was no different. There was a quote about being ugly on the inside that shows on the outside. And that even if you have flaws you can never be ugly if you have good thoughts. All of Dahl's books have a life motto to live by. He will forever be a childhood favorite. 

  • Read a bind up + Finish a series/read the last book of a series

The Sight (Premonitions #1-2) by Jude Watson 
Premonitions (Book 1)★★★.5
The first story was very easy to get into. The writing was a breeze. It was actually a very quick read. It was certainly enjoyable but the reason I didn't give it four stars was because it was quite predictable.  I've read and watched my fare share of stories involving kidnappings and such to know what was going to happen. Even still I enjoyed other aspects of the novel. For example, I enjoyed the family dynamic between Grace and Diego.  That even though they didn't really speak to one another he was still willing to help her find her friend. 

Disappearance (Book 2) ★★★★
I adored the companion much more than the first one. I found it refreshing that this duology did not have any romance for the main character. I hate when there is unecessary romance that doesn't move along the plot whatsoever. Instead this duology focused more on family drama and dynamics which was lovely. The writing improved more in this second novel. It was a little less predictable in the plot and the "who-done-it" of the story. I became more invested in the characters so much so that when it ended I wanted more. I wanted to know what would happen to them. One little nit-picky problem I had was that there was a lot of repeated information that would have been helpful had I not read them as a bindup. Other than that it was an easy, breezy read.

Day 3:

  • Read an audiobook or ebook:

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: ★★★★
I had already started this book and I had gotten the Audiobook so I finished listening to it. I have a full review here: 
http://minipandasbookreviews.blogspot.com/2015/12/review-illuminae-by-amie-kaufman-and.html


  • Finish a book you DNF’ed

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
I started reading this once again, but I didn't finish it before Cramathon ended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spooky Challenge Wrap-Up