Review:

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur



Format (That I Read It):

Book

Summary:

Milk and Honey is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. It is about the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity. It is split into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose, deals with a different pain, heals a different heartache. Milk and Honey takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look.


Initial Thoughts:

I don't read poetry often and I don't think I've ever read a poetry book before. Then wen I was randomly in Barnes and Noble I decided to grab a thing I wouldn't normally read. I heard that Milk and Honey was good so I decided to get it.

Review:

★.5/.75
Like I said I don't read poetry and even though I heard really great things about this collection I wasn't sure how I would like it. And I did, sort of. It was a really quick read but it was not the grand spectacular thing everyone was talking about. I'm not saying that the whole book was that but again 90% was. There were poems that I absolutely loved and thought were spectacular. I loved all the illustrations that accompanied the poems as well. The overall tone and the way it was all structured was very creative. If Rupi Kaur were to make another book of poetry I would definitely but it. My favorite two poems from the collection was:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog