Review:

Me Before You by JoJo Moyes


Format (That I Read):

Ebook

Challenge Completed:

Reader's Choice, Newest to your shelves 

Summary:

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

Initial Thoughts:

I had only heard a brief description of this novel and I kept seeing it in stores everywhere I went but I still didn't pick it up, I had decided to wait until in got closer to the release date for the movie. Until suddenly, I had the strong persistent urge to pick this up and I'm glad that I did.

Review:

★★★★★
This book utterly destroyed all my emotions. I knew this book was sad. Many people gave that warning before but having a family member recently in a car accident leaving him as a paraplegic it had another impact on me that I didn't expect. The story and characters were so tragically beautiful. It so raw and emotional. I loved how Lou was quirky and relatable even though she is a bit older than me. Then Will, oh Will. Their love story is something that I will never forget. And the message he gave her to not settle. To be brave and bold. And to wear her bumble bee striped tights with pride. I'm still so raw with emotion that it's hard to put into words how I feel about this book. It had another haunting message that called into question certain morals that I can't talk about without spoilers but I caught me off guard. Me Before You left me breathless. The moment I put it down it became an instant favorite. I need to know what the second book holds, how the characters ended up and what's going on in their lives. I also want to read all of JoJo Moyes' books asap.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spooky Challenge Wrap-Up