Review:

Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes


Format (That I Read It):

Ebook/Arc

Summary:

Charmingly murderous anti-hero Joe Goldberg continues his twisted quest for the perfect love in this thrilling follow-up to the “deeply dark yet mesmerizing” You. When Joe follows the woman he wants to marry to the West Coast, he never imagines that his obsession will lead him to such tragedy.

Initial Thoughts:

I wanted to read this novel as soon as I finished You. Ever since I read it back in September I kept thinking back to the story. The characters haven't been forgotten. I would even randomly pick up the book and flip around the pages wondering what would happen next to Joe. Then one day I was updating my Goodreads page when someone I follow mentioned NetGalley. NetGalley is the website for professional readers that allowing reviewers, booksellers, blogger, etc. to request and read brand new titles then provide feedback for publishers and other readers. I signed up and then an amazing thing happened, I saw the ARC (Advance Readers Copy) of Hidden Bodies. I just had to download it. 

Review:

Joe Goldberg! I hate to say this about a guy who kills people in his spare time but I absolutely loved Joe. I was so invested in his life. I didn't think I would love this book as much as the first one but I did. The first book You was more jarring because of the way the story is told. You get inside the mind the psychopath/stalker And he is actively stalking a woman. In Hidden Bodies Joe has found his love and the dynamic of the story has changed. Joe has evolved since the first story took place. I think that's a fantastic aspect. He was more human and he had more relatable flaws about him. My favorite thing about this novel was the ending. For about the last 150 pages there were a lot of ironies. Now without getting into too many details and spoiling it, many people met demises that I found really funny (even if I wasn't supposed to). The last stretch of the novel blew my mind. It was one blow after another that left me with so many questions. If there is another book I will definitely be picking it up.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog