Review:

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


Format (That I Read It):

Books

Challenge Completed:

Book you DNF'd (Did not finish)

Summary:

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors? To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother--or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.

Initial Thoughts:

My brother got this book before I even knew really what it was all about. He got to read it before me too. He never finished but he said he like it so I had hope that I would too. But I was also a little hesitant because there were mixed reviews. People seem to love it or hate it.

Review:

★★★
I was one of those people who didn’t love it. I didn’t hate it, though. I just don’t think it was as good as everyone else said it was. The first 100 pages were really slow. I had started it back in September 2015 but I just couldn’t seem to get into the story so I put it down. Then when the trailer came out it got me excited to try the book again. I pushed through the first pages I couldn’t get through months before and it seemed optimistic. The story seemed to pick up a bit. Then my hopes were crushed. I thought that maybe the story would go in a direction I wasn’t expecting but it turned out to be just like the many other dystopian YA novels I’ve read before, just with a splash of aliens. Overall the story was slow and predictable. I didn’t care much for the characters either. The book, in my opinion, was just meh. I don’t care for reading the rest of the series. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog