Anything But Books Tag


I saw some Booktubers do this tag and I loved the questions so I decided to do it too. The tag is exactly what the title says; it's asking questions about everything but books.

1. Name a cartoon(s) that you love.

Now I can make a whole post about my favorite cartoons but for now, I will talk about two cartoons that I've finished and loved (most recently). They are Gravity Falls and Over The Garden Wall. Let me talk about Gravity Falls first. Gravity Falls if you don't know is about two siblings, twins, named Dipper and Mabel.


They get dropped off at their Uncle's tourist shop in Gravity Falls, Oregon but the town isn't what it seems. This show ended last year with only two seasons but they were so fantastic. Not many shows can shock me but this show had a major twist (at the end of season one) that I didn't seem coming. There are so many puzzles and hints hidden throughout the show. The creator Alex Hirsch added coded messages at the end of the episodes for the audience to decipher.


And if you know anything about me you know I LOVE puzzles. That element of the show made me fall in love with it. I even got to cosplay with my cousin as Dipper and Mabel for Halloween in 2015. I just love the characters and I really miss the show.


Now let us talk about my favorite cartoon. Over the Garden Wall is, in my opinion, one of the best-written cartoons of all time. For me in tops all over cartoons. It is my all time favorite cartoon.


It was a mini-series that was created and aired over five nights around Halloween in November 2014. I cannot recommend this show enough. It's only ten episodes that are about eleven minutes long (each) so it's very quick to get through. Now if you haven't heard or seen this show it's about two boys (brothers) who get lost on their way home. The mini-series about their adventure. Like with Gravity Falls things aren't what they seem. But Over the Garden Wall is a much darker story. Also, which I thoroughly enjoyed, the show has quite a bit of musical numbers. The series is overall cute with much much more sinister undertones. That caused many fan theories about what the real meaning of the show is. I have my own thoughts but I don't want to spoil anything. The ending did make me tear up. It's over hauntingly beautiful and it will forever be a favorite.


2. What is your favorite song right now?


Ooooohhhh! That's a tough one. I have so many favorites. I am loving Ed Sheeran's new album Divide and my favorite songs off that album are What Do I Know?Galway Girl, and Nancy Mulligan. Really the entire album is perfection. It really blows his other two albums out of the water. Another song I've been really loving is Brother by NEEDTOBREATHE ft. Gavin DeGraw and even more specifically I've been really obsessed with Jensen Ackles' cover of it. He (Jensen) plays Dean Winchester on the Tv show Supernatural and the song fits so freaking perfect with the show it's almost as if it was written for them. I'm thinking of doing an art piece about it actually.

WARNING SCREAMING AT THE BEGINNING AND THE END

3. What could you do for hours (that isn't reading)?



I mean other than the other obvious things that I could be doing like watching Tv/Movies. The other thing I really do for hours upon hours other than reading is I put on music or Youtube and write. What I choose to write really depends on the day. Sometimes I will make posts for this blog. Other times I will be journaling or I will write my story. It all depends on what I need or want to do.

4. What is something you love to do that your followers would be surprised by?



Okay so I don't think I've ever mentioned this on any social media platform besides my personal ones but I ABSOULETLY LOVE watching WWE. Or if you don't know, World Wrestling Entertainment. I've been a fan of wrestling on and off since I was a little kid. I would watch for years and then I would slowly stop watching and then I would start up again sometime down the road. Now this time around I've been watching since around 2011/2012 and I don't see myself ever stopping. Many times before I would stop watching because people would make fun of my love for it but now I don't care at all. Make fun of me all you want and tell me it's all fake I couldn't care less. I am so in love with everything about it. I watch every episode every week (it's actually on tonight 😍) and I make predictions for the PayPerViews. I even pay for the Network which basically Netflix for wrestling. I can't get enough or it. I could watch it for hours and never get bored.

5. What is your favorite unnecessarily specific thing to learn about (this can do with books, I guess)?



This is another great question. I love to learn about the paranormal. I've always loved the paranormal and I watch all shows/movies about the paranormal. I guess not that I think about it I don't really learn about it so I guess lately I love learning about unsolved mysteries. There is this series on Youtube called Buzzfeed Unsolved and I'm completely obsessed. They don't post as often as I would like but they are so worth the wait. Not only are they spooky in some instances they are really funny. The banter between Ryan and Shane give comic relief to the dark subject. I highly recommend the whole series but my favorites are the death of the Somerton man and the death of Elisa Lam. They just talked about the infamous D.B. Cooper which was hilarious.

6. What is something unusual you know how to do?


I don't really have any usual talents or things I can do. I'm pretty basic and plain with all my hobbies. 

7/8. Name something you’ve made in the last year (and show us, if you can)/What is your most recent personal project?



I've been practicing painting lately and I'm working on some presents for my friends so I'm not going to show those but I have made a painting based on A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.

9. Tell us something you think about often (maybe while staring out of windows).


Most of the time. I'm thinking about the project I'm working on in that moment. Lately, it's been a writing blog I started. I've wanted to start one for a while and finally went for it. All my notes in the app are filled with my writing so I have to transfer those to my blog. I'm really excited but actually quite nervous. I think it will be fun once I get started. 

10. Give us something that's your favorite, but make it something oddly specific, not like your favorite food, but like your favorite food when you’ve been studying for hours and forgot to eat. Or, you know, something like that


Well, one thing that is really weird that I've done for as long as I can remember is when I would eat my favorite candy (which was Skittles back in the day) I would have to empty the bag and make sure there was an even amount of each color. I would then stick the extra Skittles that didn't have a pair into a pile. I would eat them in a certain order (Grape, Orange, Lemon, Lime [Green Apple now], then Strawberry). I also had to eat them evenly. So that means that if I ate let's say a grape Skittle on the left side of my mouth I would then have to eat another grape Skittle on the right side of my mouth. Then for the extra Skittles I would half them or give them to someone else. I still do this with candy but it's not as extreme.

Lastly, say the first thing that pops into your head.

Writing because that's what I'm going to do right now. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog