#TBRTakedown 5.0 Wrap Up

(February 6th - February 12th)


I actually read a book!! I did it finally! I finished two books actually and started another two during this readathon.  I'm really happy considering lately my streak with readathons hasn't been all that great. I am busy with work and finding time to read has been hard but I did it!


TBR Challenges:

  1. A book that's been on your TBR Shelf Over a Year!
  2. A book from your most recent book haul.
  3. The first book in a series.
  4. Catch up in a series.
  5. An "out of your comfort zone" book.
I completed 3/5 of the challenges and 1/4 of the books from my original TBR. But I also finished a book that wasn't on my TBR before that I felt like reading.

100915

Challenges Completed: A book that's been on your TBR Shelf for over a year and the first book in a series.

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis 

I gave this book 3/5 stars. It was fine. I have watched the movie before (when it first came out) so I already knew what the storyline was and the book followed closely to that. It was just a quick book but what I did find interesting was the fact that I completely missed the symbolism of religion watching the movie. It's been a VERY long time since I've seen the film but I don't recall having those allusions to the Bible but then again I was a child when I saw the movie. Either way, it was an enjoyable story but I don't think I will be continuing the series. 


Challenges Completed: None

History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera 

I gave this book 5/5 stars. It was unbelievably beautiful and heartbreaking. I related to the main character Griffin and I felt what he was going through. It was a rollercoaster of emotions that Adam Silvera puts you through. As soon as I finished this novel I knew that doing this wrap up I wasn't going to be able to completely encompass what I want to say so I will be doing a full review soon. 

30809689
30738170

I didn't get to finish these books. I got only about 30 pages into Norse Mythology and 132 pages into Long Way Home.  Both are highly anticipated books of mine so I am going to continue with them and hopefully have a review for both of them by the end of the month. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog