#CramathonWinter 2016 Wrap Up

(December 16th 12:00 am - December 23rd 11:59 pm) 


So it's been a crazy busy week since #Cramathon ended between work, Christmas and health problems it's been very crazy. I totally spaced my wrap up but here we go!

Challenges:

  1. Read a book under 200 pages
  2. Read 2 books in 24 hours
  3. Read a book set in a different country than where you live
  4. Read a book you'be been putting off/have been meaning to read forever.
  5. Read a book with pictures
  6. Read a graphic novel
  7. Read 7 books total
Read a book with pictures

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day:

I didn't finish this book but I got about half way. I love Felicia Day. She is so funny and quirky and absolutely loved her as Charlie in the TV show Supernatural so when I saw her memoir I had to pick it up and read it!

Read a book under 200 pages
Read 2 books in 24 hours
Read a book set in a different country than where you live

Esio Trot by Roald Dahl: 

This book wasn't what I that it was. I was expecting this book to be about something magival and weird but it eas strangely normal. The story was really cute in thought but the execution was off. Mr. Hoppy wanted Mrs. Silver to love him and so he made her think her tortoise was growing from his spell. When that happens she actually agrees to marry him. It was abrupt. 

The Magic Finger by Roald Dahl: 

This story was what I was expecting from Esio Trot. It had the magical/strange element I associate with Roald Dahl novels. But it wasn't anything that stood out. It was just a quick easy read that was just like other Roald Dahl novels. 

George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl: 

Another great example of Dahl's work. It was magically filled with all the same elements he always uses. I'm starting to see that they are almost all the exact same. It, like, The Magic Finger isn't all that great. It was just the same story with slightly different elements. 

Read a book you've been putting off/have been meaning to read forever.
Read a graphic novel

Saga Volume One by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples: 

Going into this comic I was a bit skeptical. I've heard this series was really good but I didn't know what to expect. I had no idea what the plot was about or anything. The first volume was strange but as I settled into the story I found myself really getting into the characters and the strange story. I'm definitely going to have to pick up the next volumes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog