Thirst Volume 1 Review-

Review/Rereading:

Thirst Series by Christopher Pike (Volume 1)

The volume consists of the first three novels: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice.


Format (That I Read It): 

Physical Book

Summary:

As to blood -
ah, blood, the whole subject fascinates me. I do like that as well, warm and dripping, when I am thirsty....
 


Alisa has been in control of her urges for the five thousand years she has been a vampire. She feeds but does not kill, and she lives her life on the fringe to maintain her secret. But when her creator returns to hunt her, she must break her own rules in order to survive.
Her quest leads her to Ray. He is the only person who can help her; he also has every reason to fear her. Alisa must get closer to him to ensure her immortality. But as she begins to fall in love with Ray, suddenly there is more at stake than her own life.... 

Initial Thoughts:

I had read this book years ago when I was in middle school/early high school. At the time, I was obsessed with all things vampires (it was the Twilight days). I decided recently to restart this series since I've had volume three on my shelves for many years and I have yet to pick it up.

Review:



The volume for me wasn't as good the second time around. It seemed to drag on for me in the first two novels until the action kicked in the last one. There was a lot of redundancy between the three novels that became a bit annoying. I don't believe it would have been an issue if I hadn't read them back to back. There were aspects of the story that I liked, though. This novel has aspects of religion which I found refreshing and new in the vampire world. Alisa's backstory with her god is a very central part of the story line. It causes more moral issues for her and her actions. Alisa is a strong female who attracts people with her mysterious allure but could also kill them in the blink of an eye. I loved seeing how she would get out of all the dangerous situations she seemed to get into. And although I didn't really care for the love interests I found that it was believable. Overall I will be continuing to re-read this series and hopefully finish all of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog